But I started thinking...what are some options? What could be used so that you didn't have to fill in PDF's by hand or try type everything in that one small line in a fillable form (y'all know what I'm talking about)? What could you do to help process information faster? Or tabulate data?
And it came to me in a flash. And I gotta admit...I really didn't want to write about it because I wanted to save this for something else. But I realized ideas deserve to be shared (and heck someone else is probably already doing this...) But the idea...use Google Documents. It has a handy built in option for doing forms.
There are a variety of reasons for this, such as:
- It's free. You definitely can't beat that price.
- It's easy to set up and doesn't require someone that can program.
- It's easily customizable from picking drop down menus to how the background looks. It's also relatively easy to go back in and add new features.
- It makes statistics keeping a breeze. No more trying to sort and tabulate by hand. All of the forms are dumped into a Google Spreadsheet that can be exported as needed, sorted for specific needs.
- You have access to the data anywhere. So if you're at conference and have a few minutes you could start working on filling requests or processing data.
- It's easy to move and share the data that you have.
- No more worries about deciphering handwriting!
- Saves trees
But the thing to remember is that you have some options.