So to that end here's what I want to accomplish by the end of the year (some of the goals are actually just tweaks to my schedule, but it will help me down the line...)
- I want to do at least 5 hours of coding/technical/systems things a week (and no I'm not counting work). A few weeks ago I blogged that I wanted to take my career in this direction and this will help me towards that step (I hope).
- I want to devote at least one day a month to doing art. I miss doing it. I have so many things that I want to do with it...so at least one day a month I'll pull out the pencils and markers and have fun.
- I want to write one article before the end of the year. I have one in mind and I just need to sit down and actually do it and stop thinking about it. No idea if it will get published, but I'll give it my best shot.
- I want to start working on a graphic novel. I've had a few ideas scattered about in my head and I just need to sit down and actually do something with them instead of letting them run away. Who knows if anything will come of it, but I hope to have some fun with it.
- I want to do at least 5 hours of exercise a week. I need to get in better shape and I nee to feel better about myself.
- Random one: I want to get into the Amazon vine reviewers program.
- And probably the most important one...I need to stop thinking about work when I leave work. I need to leave problems, solutions, and whatever else at work. I'll still do professional reading at home and what not, but I need to stop taking work "life" home with me.