06 April 2008

Welcome pt. 2

I figured I should introduce the blog properly. My name is Andrew Shuping and I am currently the Interlibrary Loan/Circulation Services Librarian at Mercer University. Please note that all thoughts are my own and not necessarily associated with Mercer University, my co-workers, or the higher powers that be at my library.

Why mad librarian? It just seemed like an interesting title. A previous blog I ran was "Rantings of a mad..." so now just mad librarian. I see a lot of good things in the libraries most days. People wanting to learn, interested in whats out there, and willing to work towards it. Other days I want to run far, far away from some of the people I encounter (including library staff).

Why this blog? I'm hoping to contribute my own thoughts to the world of librarianship and hopefully add something useful to the blogosphere.

I'm interested in the world of technology and how it can be used within the library world. At my library I'm a driving force behind using technology. I'm creator of 4 public blogs (so far), a Google Map; I set up Feedburner, del.ici.ous, LibraryThing, Flickr, Slideshare, and Yahoo accounts for the library, as well as half dozen other things. My goal is to help my colleagues find the tools they can use to best do their jobs and to have fun while doing so. Its a slow process, but I've enjoyed the adventure thus far.

Any questions just let me know.

1 comment:

Mercer University said...

We have a few college students online from college of Mercer University and we love your blog postings, so well add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen , Blog Manager, Mercer University