16 October 2013

GA COMO presentation

So on October 10 2013, I presented at my state library conference, GA COMO, on the Academics of Graphic Novels.  Which sounds like it would be a long winded boring lecture, but it honestly isn't.  I don't even know how to give boring lectures to be honest.  Instead I talked about why we have graphic novels, why libraries have them, how to start a collection, and how to promote a collection.  And even though I'm an academic type person, everything that I talked about is applicable to other types of libraries.  And so for folks that are interested you can find my slide deck below.  If you have questions, please feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

But before you get to the slide deck I want to give a shout out to the awesome Dr. Katie Monnin. I had the honor of meeting Dr. Katie at COMO and we did a bit of a tag team presentation together.  Dr. Katie teaches about how to use graphic novels in the k-12 setting and has written a couple of books on the topic, which are well worth buying for your collection.  She is completely awesome, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about graphic novels.  Please go check her stuff out, you won't regret it at all.

And now...the slide deck:

No comments: