07 October 2008

Me part 2

I posted earlier, the second post I did on this blog, on who I am. Since I've started this post I've gained subscribers (howdy folks!), attended Computers in Libraries 2008, and met some really, really awesome folks both in real life and virtually. And I've thought about who I am and what I want to do with this blog.

I'm still trying to figure out the last question and wish I could say I'm going to focus only on a narrow topic of librarianship, like access services or web 2.0. But at this time I just can't pin it down. I look at the library world and I'm interested in so many different aspects of it that I want to talk about it and post on it. I will say my posts will probably tend to talk more about technology and how it can be used as librarians, but I may post on other things as well. I'll keep y'all updated as I go along, but I hope you enjoy the ride as I write about libraries.

In answer to the second question, I'm currently at my first professional job. And although it's had rough patches I can't say that I would trade it because I've learned a lot and met folks that I wouldn't have otherwise. But, I think the time has come for me to look at other places and take the next step in my professional growth. So I am looking and applying for other places. I'll keep y'all up-to-date on that front as well.

Well that's all for me part 2, if you have any questions let me know! You can find me at ashuping gmail (please no spam, I get plenty of that already!) or leave comments. Oh, and I'll be putting up a link sometime soon for the webpage I'm working on.

As always please note that all thoughts are my own and not associated with Mercer University, my co-workers, or the higher powers that be at my library.

No comments: